mothers have to go through a long period of changes both physically and mentally. I am not sure if man/men can take up this task or not.. (mayb can't! that's why only lady can give birth!)
let's start with Physical:
1. BODY SHAPE change!! from ")(" to "( )"
2. during pregnancy sleeping habit, style, position, time all change. (no more your favorite pose or time)
3. walk also become very "chor loh"
4. face also become "bengkak" from "kua ci' face to "fa sui roti" face..
5. feet cant fit into those 10" heels... need to only wear stupid "CROCS" shoes..
6. no more tight jeans... no more mini skirts..
7. pimples all over her face and body due to hormone changes..
8. cant eat your favorite food.. like char kueh tiaw, KFC, Mc.D, IceCream,...etc only healthy food!
9. imagine carry another 10kg around your body everyday. sure gonna have backache and also foot pain..
10. u get tired all the time..
now the Mental part.
1. your memory start to decay.. short term memory..
2. stress out easily.. when baby kick you stress.. when baby dont kick you also stress.. stress!!
3. see other lady in nice dress and high heel.. you start to stress again...
4. see something you like and you can have it.. like deliciously sinful food!!
5. The worst past is.. Shopping!!!! i know all the girls love to SHOP! imagine this.. you like a pair of latest MNG super skinny tight Jeans.. WAH!!! so nice and GUESS WHAT!! ngam-ngam that time got 90% discount! YO! 90% discount ok?? only cost you about RM15/pc. u cant even try.. imagine u pregnant, bring a pair of those jeans to fitting room.. people will think you SIAW!!
there are more la.. but i think the point is clear liaw la..
the pain that mothers have to go through during labour.. tsk tsk tsk.. i tell you.. Wait!! i also dunno how to tell you la.. go and ask your mummy ok? the other day my mum told me that she had to go through pain for 4.5DAYs!! my wife 1 day also almost wanna DIE liaw.. imagine 30 years ago.. (oh ya.. i am 30 liaw! sigh..) medical equipment/technology not so good.. pain killer also dunno can kill pain or not la.. 4.5 days!! walauler... RESPECT!!
I hope this sharing can help you to appreciate your mum more. Mothers are also human. they also make mistake. they are not perfect. we seriously need to treat them better and also appreciate what they have gone through to bring you and me to this world.
My mother always try to give us 1st class service. She always try to give us the best. until the stage that she would rather not to spend anything on herself. she would give give give until there is nothing more to offer to us.. she loves us so much.. everytime when i go back home i always get "royal treatment"! she will cook anything we requested. she would bake any cakes or cookies as long as we requested! it will be on the table tomorrow. i can guarantee that! she would do my laundry and iron my clothes! (come on la.. i am 30 years old liaw.. she is not my maid..) that's the extend she will go!
"Mummy! i just wanna say i love you and want to dedicate the following song to you.. hope you like it!"
!!!!!NOT FORGETTING MY LOVELY WIFE!!!!!!
My wife KIM.. now also a mother! hehe.. i just want to say thank you so so much for giving up yourself to bring us this new family member. your journey to become a mother really open up my eyes. it's really not an easy journey. i appreciate everything that you do for me and for our new family. our marriage life has just enter a whole new chapter. and i hope that we can continue to walk together hand in hand for many more chapters to come. be it sweet, sour, bitter or spicy! we are in this together and we will walk together. I love you!!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!