Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lincoln Brewster - Today is the Day Album Review


I’ve been a Christian for many many years. And I love the songs we sang in church to worship our awesome God. There are many worship leaders that I really looked up to from the local home church until the one that is making awesome worship albums! May the great God continue to bless them all.


I got this CD call Today is the Day by Lincoln Brewster. I’ve known Lincoln Brewster from a song called I Am in Love with You by Darrell Evans. If not mistaken there is this guitar solo part that is played by him. That part when he played the guitar solo really gives me goose bumps. When I listen to it today I’ll still get that! (it’s the so so good!) Amazing way of using his talent that God has given him to worship the Lord back!


The CD kicks off with Today is the Day. That song is really a high tempo song that is able to change the mood and also bring joy to your life and make you say “No Worries Mate!!”


Today is the day You have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

I won't worry about tomorrow

I'm trusting in what You say

Today is the day!



Give Him Praise fet. Israel Houghton really gives this album another dimension. This is like Rock (Lincoln Brewster Electric Guitar) and Soul/R&B (Israel Houghton style) combination. Superb!!



God You Reign is also another amazing song. The lyric is just so simple and so true. When you listen to this song, you can easily paint a picture in you head. God is so awesome and mighty and so worthy to be praise!


You paint the night

You count the stars and You call them by name

The skies proclaim, God You reign


Your glory shines

You teach the sun when to bring a new day

Creation sings, God You reign



Now this is my favorite song! It’s called The Arms of my Savior. Somehow I feel that this song has got a little bit of John Mayer’s flavor in it. I can feel that the song is being sung by 2 persons, Lincoln Brewster and his electric guitar. The song begins with electric guitar solo. The best part of this song is the way he builds up. When it comes to the guitar solo part after the second times chorus and the way he ends the song. I just run out of word to describe right now!


There's no other place that I'd rather be

Than safe in the arms the arms of my Savior

There's no other place where I can be free

So I run to the arms the arms of my Savior



The Power of Your Name fet. Darlene Zschech (also known as the “Celine Dion” in Christian music). I just love the content of this song. It’s really talking about what is happening in this world. And also what we so called Christian should do. It’s a wake up call for us all. It’s time to stand up and do something about it. Faith without action is DEAD!


Surely children weren't made for the streets

And fathers were not made to leave

Surely this isn't how it should be

Let Your Kingdom come


Surely nations were not made for war

Or the broken meant to be ignored

Surely this just can't be what You saw

Let Your Kingdom come

Here in my heart


I will live

To carry Your compassion

To love a world that's broken

To be Your hands and feet


I will give

With the life that I've been given

And go beyond religion

To see the world be changed

By the power of Your name



The last song of this album is called Let Your Glory Shine. This song just breaks a lot of barriers in so called Christian music. The beat of the song is so different from the rest of songs in this album. (I just can’t imagine how the church will react if this song is being played in my church! Haha..) The electric guitar in this song is tune up to the MAX!! It’s nothing less compare to any songs from either Van Halen or Gun & Roses! Hehe.. (Oh! Now I know why this song is the last song!)


Well I guess nothing is too LOUD, too sloooooooow, too corny, too emotional, etc. for God! The most important thing is He looks into our heart!


Today is the Day is an amazing CD. If you have not heard this CD, I would recommend you to get a copy from any of the Salvation Book Store near you!


No comments:

Post a Comment