Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ngiu! Good Bye....

Ngiu,


It’s been seven days already since you left. How are you doing? I may sound stupid asking this kind of question but I just cant stop myself from asking this question. Knowing that you are now in a better place, the place without suffering and pain. I am really happy to have you in my life and also be under your family tree. You left behind another great legacy for the younger generation to look up to and also set a very good expel for us.


Since day one, we may not be able to speak common language or communicate like others do. But deep inside us when we look at each other I know that you are happy with what I have achieved today as your grandson. The smile on your face says it all. I really miss that smile on your face. You have set a very good example for me. You are really a very generous person even when you are already so old you still want to give. Be it just a 20cents coin, sweets, oranges, pao, etc. I am sure no one around you will feel hungry and I'm glad to be one of them. You will still give even when you have nothing else to offer.


The other day when you are lying in bed with oxygen tube in your nose, you still ask me if I had my dinner yet and want to buy me dinner if I have not had my dinner. I just want to say thank you. I seriously do not know how to repay you back with all the things that you have offered. I guess I will just have to learn from you and make sure I will pass this message down to the next generation.


Not able to be at your side when you breathed your last breath really makes me feel sad. I may not be able to do anything special about your parting but at the very least I can be there to say good bye!


Your relationship with grandma also opens up my eyes. I thank God for letting me witness this Great Love Story of yours. There is not a single Love movie from Hollywood can compare to yours. Your love for one another is so simple and also so pure. I’m sure you remember the day before you left, grandma was beside your bed and she held your hand and ask you if you can still remember who she was. You were too weak to speak. You just look into her eyes and nodded your head gently. During that moment, tears just filled my eyes. Thank you for sharing your life with me.


Do not worry about grandma! She is fine. I’m also very encouraged by her. She really commits you to the Lord and knowing that one day the two of you will meet again. I guess there is where she seeks her comfort. Many of us here will take good care of her.


I’ll stop here now. May you rest in peace.



Love,

Ah Boy


Ngiu! Rest In Peace..



No comments:

Post a Comment